The summer month’s are certainly scorchers! With the heat at its highest and the sun at its strongest, it is important to do all you can to prevent a sun burn this season.
Sure, a sunburn may be a minor burn, but it can do much more damage than you may think. Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States. Protecting and preventing a burn is just one way to not become a part of this statistic.
Here are a few tips to prevent a burn:
- Always lather up with sunscreen – at least SPF 30, or higher
- REMEMBER: Lather up every two hours, especially if you are swimming
- Stay out of the sun from 10 AM – 4 PM, as the sun is at its strongest
- Choose a lip balm with sunscreen for lip protection
- Seek shade when possible
- Wear a hat with a wide brim to protect your neck, ears, eyes, and scalp
- Choose sunglasses with UV ray protection to cover the sensitive skin around your eyes
- Wear light, protective clothing – dark clothing attracts the sun
Now that you have read over these health tips, make it a point to follow through! Lather up and stay safe out there.
In the event that you do suffer a sun burn, Terrasil Wound Care can treat your skin, getting you on the road to a healthier glow. Learn more by browsing our website, today.